General Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions, together with the stadium regulations, are valid for the purchase and usage of one or more tickets/authorisations for entrance to the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics berlin 2009™ and for all resulting contractual relations between the BOC 2009 and the ticket purchasers and/or users..
§ 1 Area of Validity:
The purchase and usage of entrance tickets for the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics berlin 2009™ as well as entrance to the Berlin Olympic Stadium during the period from August 15, 2009 to August 23, 2009 underlie the General Terms and Conditions of the BOC 2009 GmbH as well as the current valid regulations of the Berlin Olympic Stadium. Through purchasing and using a ticket, each purchaser/ticket holder thus accepts the validity of these Terms and Conditions.
The stadium regulations are available online at www.olympiastadion-berlin.de.
§ 2 Entrance to the Event, Return of Tickets
The ticket holder’s stay at the Berlin Olympic Stadium shall occur at his own risk, if not otherwise regulated in § 5 of the Terms and Conditions.
Entrance to the events of the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics berlin 2009™ is only possible upon presentation of a valid entrance ticket or appropriate authorisation (accreditation) from the BOC 2009 or other authorised parties. Purchased tickets may not be returned or traded in. This is not valid should the event be relocated to a different venue or be cancelled.
The BOC 2009 and its partners are not liable for tickets that get lost in the mail.
Should tickets be stolen and the theft be registered with the police, the BOC will issue replacement tickets. This is only possible, however, with the appropriate proof and is only possible before the opening of the stadium doors for the respective day of the event.
Upon entering the Berlin Olympic Stadium, every visitor is obligated to voluntarily present his ticket or accreditation to the security staff, and, if requested, to surrender it for inspection. Should the ticket have been purchased at a reduced rate, the respective documentation must be presented upon request when entering the stadium.
Upon entering the stadium, every visitor must allow the security team to inspect him for illegal objects (see § 3). This inspection will consist of a body check and bag control.
As long as he is within the stadium area, every visitor is obligated to present his ticket or accreditation at any time to the police or security staff, and if requested, to surrender it for inspection.
The misuse of tickets or entrance authorisations is prohibited and will be punished with the loss of the respective entrance ticket or authorisation. Misuse is considered to be every usage of the entrance admission that is not according to the intended purpose.
§ 3 Forbidden Objects
For safety reasons, visitors are prohibited to bring with them or use the following objects:
- Advertising, commercial, political, or religious objects of any kind, including banners, signs, symbols, and flyers, are prohibited and may not be brought into the stadium if the BOC 2009 GmbH believes that they are intended for display in the stadium;
- Every kind of alcoholic drink
- Every kind of pyrotechnical items;
- Aerosol spray cans as well as acidic or dyeing substances;
- Every kind of glass bottle or container, weapons, canned drinks, and folding chairs;
- Tetrapaks larger than 1.0 litre;
- Plastic bottles larger than 0.5 litre;
§ 4 Conduct within the Stadium Area
In the interest of safety and to insure that the event can proceed in an orderly and smooth fashion, while within the stadium grounds the ticket holder is obligated to adhere to the directives of the BOC 2009, the security staff, the police, the fire department, and the Berlin Olympic Stadium administration.
Within the stadium area, it is forbidden to:
- Occupy a different seat than the one shown on the ticket;
- Stop for longer periods of time in any of the emergency exit paths to and from the spectator areas;
- Stand on benches or seats;
- Enter the interior area or other areas and rooms not designated for the general public without a valid authorisation;
- Throw objects anywhere within the entire stadium area (especially in the interior area or spectator area);
- Intentionally vandalise or spoil the stadium grounds or bring in items suited for doing so;
- Drive onto the stadium grounds in any kind of vehicle without special authorisation to do so or park illegally. It is generally prohibited to drive on the stadium grounds once the stadium doors have been opened;
- Sell goods or tickets, distribute printed materials, or organise collections without the permission of the city of Berlin or the event organiser.
All photos and images, which the ticket holder creates during the event, shall be used for non-commercial purposes only.
Every ticket holder shall irrevocably consent to the unpaid utilisation of his image and voice for all current and future media for any photographs, live broadcasts, programming, and/or photo or sound recordings, which were created by the BOC 2009 GmbH or by those contracted by it in conjunction with the event.
§ 5 Limitation of Liability
The event organisers assume no liability for property damages or financial losses, which are not the result of damages arising from death or injury to body or health, provided there was no gross negligence or an intentional breach of duties by the event organiser, its legal representatives, or vicarious agents.
§ 6 Resale of Tickets
Ever ticket purchaser may only purchase tickets for personal purposes. The BOC 2009 GmbH retains the right to limit the maximal number of tickets an individual may purchase. It is illegal for the ticket purchaser to distribute tickets for commercial purposes.
The commercial sale of tickets, especially through online auctions, is prohibited in general and will be legally prosecuted by the BOC 2009 GmbH.
Should a ticket that has been purchased through an Internet platform not provide entrance into the stadium, the BOC 2009 GmbH will not supply a replacement for this ticket.
Ticket sales shall only be possible through companies and their partners contracted by the BOC 2009 GmbH. The BOC 2009 GmbH retains the right to take legal action against any external ticket sales.
Should a ticket be resold privately, it is forbidden to sell the ticket for a higher price than that marked on the ticket.
§ 7 Seller
The seller is the BOC 2009 GmbH, represented by the managing directors Heinrich Clausen and Frank Hensel, Hanns-Braun-Str. / Adlerplatz, 14053 Berlin.
|Official IAAF Partners|